Clint Williams: Web Interface Designer, Front-End Programmer, Technical Writer, and Pretty Decent GuyEmail: See the Contact section for options.
Phone: (360) 571-8615
I'm looking for a career position in web design and development with an innovative company. I offer extensive experience in producing websites that are visually compelling, easy to use, dynamically interactive, clear in their communication, and highly accessible.
Senior Web Designer and Web Application Developer
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) - Vancouver, WA
November 2001 to Present
- Completely redesigned the WFLHD public website user interface and the underlying information architecture, achieving substantial gains in accessibility, functionality, organization, and appearance. The UI template was then adopted as a standard by the rest of the FLH divisions nationwide.
- Have twice received the FHWA's "Strive for Excellence" Innovation Award (2002, 2007) for substantially improving the quality and usability of the FLH websites.
Lead Creative Developer
Intuitive Technologies, Inc. - Vancouver, WA
January 2001 to September 2001
- Regularly completed design components and process drafts ahead of schedule, allowing for more effective evaluation and a superior final product.
- Applied thorough knowledge of varying browsers, platforms and hardware to create highly durable client-side scripting and accessible markup code.
Webmaster and Communications Administrator
Centerlogic, Inc. - Portland, OR
March 1999 to January 2001
Created and maintained the company website and intranet. Engaged clients and completed consultative website development projects requiring superior graphic design and technical skills. Produced all official written corporate communication, including website content, press releases, marketing materials, technical documentation, and newsletters.
- Promoted from Internet Support Engineer to Webmaster / Communications Administrator within 5 months.
- Led a successful campaign to further the company image resulting in several published press releases and magazine ads.
Bachelor of Arts in English and Electronic Communication
Washington State University - Vancouver, WA
Completed in June, 1999
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude. Final GPA was 3.90.
- Created The VanCougar Online website and served as the first Online Editor of the school's newspaper. Was recognized with the 1999 Editor's Achievement Award.
- Earned a Professional Writing Certificate and received the Excellence in Writing Award for the best essay portfolio of fall semester, 1998.
Clearances and Certifications
- US Government Security Clearance: Secret Level
- ITIL Foundation Level Certified (ITSM Academy)
- Certified Professional Writer (WSU)
- Very experienced user interface designer
- Logical and concise programmer of front-end solutions
- Highly creative graphic designer
- Very clear and thorough technical writer
- Excellent problem solver and troubleshooter
- Great teammate with strong customer service skills
- Extremely well organized by nature
Markup, Style, Scripting, and Query Languages
- HTML, DHTML, XHTML, XML (Hypertext Markup Language and variants)
- CSS (Cascading StyleSheets)
- PHP (PHP Hypertext Preprocessor)
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Perl (Practical Extraction and Reporting Language)
- SSI (Server-Side Includes)
- Actionscript (Flash scripting)
Protocols and Models
- HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- DOM (Document Object Model)
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- CGI (Common Gateway Interface)
Databases and Web Servers
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL
- Web Servers: Apache, Microsoft IIS
- Code Editors: Dreamweaver, Firebug, HomeSite, TopStyle, TextPad
- Graphic Design Applications: Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator, Flash, QuarkXPress
- Web Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Konqueror, Safari, HotJava, JAWS, Lynx
- FTP Clients: Dreamweaver, FTP Voyager, AceFTP, WS_FTP, TurboFTP
- Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Outlook, Access, Publisher, Visio
- Other Applications: WordPress, TOAD, SQL Plus, Putty, SpamAssassin, Acrobat